This iconic building in the heart of Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia is of Beaux-Arts architectural style within a 3.2 acre estate-like setting. Constructed in 1939, this schoolhouse conversion is classified as a building with exceptional heritage value. Annapolis Royal has a more than 400-year history and is famous for its historic landmarks and over 135 designated heritage buildings.
A Rare Opportunity that Must be Seen
Modern, luxurious and spacious newly-built 1 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2-story loft condominium in a historic building that was formerly a school. If you want comfortable, maintenance-free living this is your ideal home in the heart of Annapolis Royal, NS.
Gloriously windowed, the unit is filled with abundant natural light.
- 20-ft ceiling with original arched window and view of the fountain, gardens, and gazebo
- Spacious lower level living area; pre-wired for high speed internet and tv
- Spacious kitchen with quartz countertops and glass backsplash, high quality enamel-finish cupboards and drawers that do not chip or off-gas, large island with sliding drawers, six new stainless steel kitchen appliances, double-sized, stainless steel square sink with “Nori” pull-down kitchen faucet with single lever handle.
- Lower level half bath
- The condo has its own VenMar air exchange system, heat pump with remote control, secondary baseboard heat. Lower windows roll open. Keyless entry with security touchpad. Included with unit: private storage unit, bicycle storage available, parking space, visitor parking available.
- Sliding glass shower doors
- The loft is new, completely unique, and features: ~900 sq feet, 2 floors, 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, 20-ft ceiling, glorious original arched window, abundant light, freshly renovated, levered windows on the main floor, bamboo non-off-gassing flooring, 6 new appliances.
- On-site building management, grounds management, snow clearing, fully equipped community room available for reservation, community gymnasium offering quality programming and public library and cafe within the building, safety features including sprinkler system, fire alarm system.
Spacious living areas and kitchen, with:
• Energy efficient heat pump that provides warmth in winter, and air-conditioning in summer. Optional back-up baseboard heat is also in the unit.
• Large master bedroom with ensuite bathroom with sliding glass doors and closet and storage space.
• For your safety, there are brand new fire protection sprinkler systems, as well as smoke and carbon dioxide alarms.
• Entertain in the fully equipped community room available for reservation.
• Order an excellent TV with cable and high-speed internet package – the loft is pre-wired.
• Also included is a dedicated parking space, storage locker, and bicycle storage room so you can bike to the farmers’ market.
• Utilities, grounds maintenance, snow clearing, and peace of mind included!
An Historic Building
Annapolis Royal has an over 400-year history and is famous for its historic landmarks and more than 135 designated heritage buildings. This iconic building in the heart of Annapolis Royal is of Beaux-Arts architectural style within a 3.2 acre estate-like setting. Constructed in 1939, this schoolhouse conversion is classified as a building with exceptional heritage value.
A Vibrant Atlantic Community
Your new home is nestled in a vibrant community including:
• Professional services, including dentists, lawyers, massage therapists, podiatrists, complementary therapists, estheticians, veterinarians
• A full array of shops and services, including banks, grocery stores, variety stores, hardware and building supplies stores, a pharmacy, a liquor store, a health food store
• 24-hour emergency care and a fully staffed Community Health Center with both a family practice and a multiple doctor collaborative practice
• Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens
• Fort Anne National Historic Site
• Gallery exhibitions and arts events
• King’s Theatre (featuring live performances, community theatre and film)
• Museums, heritage societies, artists’ studios and galleries
• Annapolis Royal Farmers’ and Traders’ Market
• Community gymnasium offering quality programming and public library within “The Academy”
• Outdoor public swimming pool and tennis courts
• 18-hole golf course
• A wealth of parks, public trails, boardwalks, bird watching, and green spaces
• River access, public wharf, floating dock system
• Endless volunteer opportunities and community organizations for every interest, to make you feel right at home.
• Book a showing today and start enjoying the luxurious, care-free lifestyle in one of Canada’s “Most Liveable Towns.”
Address: 590 St. George Street
State: Nova Scotia
ZIP: B0S 1A0
Lot Size: 3 acres +
Total Fin SqFT(TLA): 900
Heat/Cool: Heat Pump
Utilities: Cable, TV, Electricity, High Speed Internet, Telephone
Directions to Property: Assigned parking spot #37
Garage: None - Separate storage locker #204
Square Feet: 900
Square Footage(MLA): 900
Building Dimensions: Condo
Fuel Type: Electric
Appliances Incl.: 6 stainless steel appliances
Driveway/Pkg: allocated parking
Features: On-site building management, grounds management, snow clearing, fully equipped community room available for reservation, community gymnasium offering quality programming and public library and cafe within the building, safety features including sprinkler system, fire alarm system.
|No.of Rooms||Dimensions||Room Type||Floor Level|
|Room 1||13.6 x 13.3||Kitchen Room||Ground Floor Level|
|Room 2||2 PC||Bath Room||Ground Floor Level|
|Room 3||13.3 x 10.6 + JOG||Living Room||Ground Floor Level|
|Room 4||18.1 x 13.6||Other||Ground Floor Level|
|Room 6||11.2 x 11.3||Master Bed Room||Second Floor Level|
|Room 7||4 pc||Ensuite||Second Floor Level|
- Share This Listing
- Share This Listing